The assignment for the class Business Operations Discussion Board is to have read and understood the information in this Module’s chapters (Ch. 16, 17, 18 & 19), then read the Closing Case starting on page 630, “Domino’s Global Marketing,” and respond to Questions #1, 2, & 3 (provided on page 632) within the Module Six Discussion Board discussion here. Remember, this is a discussion — not short answers. Make sure to include the following in your discussion response. In your answers, you are encouraged to apply the concepts and framework from the textbook, as well as external sources. However, make sure you DO NOT copy (plagiarize) content from these sources. Paraphrase and provide references.
1. Provide your rationale for the response and build your position for the answer you have given using at least two examples from the case or other material that you reference.
2.Rather than “what do you think…,” specifically indicate what Domino’s does as an organization to accommodate local differences in consumer tastes and preferences from what it does in the US. Provide at least 3 specifics and identify how they are different from the standard fare in the US.
3. To answer the third question in the Case Discussion Questions, first identify what “marketing mix” means (read chapter 18 and specifically pp. 519, 521, & Table 18.1 on 537). Then for Japan and India each, provide at least one answer referring to each of the 4 marketing mix strategies, i.e., product strategy, distribution strategy, communication strategy, and pricing strategy, from the information provided within the case and your own research.
4. Go back to Chapter 15 (page 455) which you just completed in Module 5, and respond to “Critical Thinking and Discussion Question” #4. Select one of the three answer choices (a, b, or c) and receive +2 points for each complete plausible rationale (the “why” response) that you provide ( up to 3 = total of 6 pts possible).
5. After reading the description of Boeing from their website provided below, answer the question at the end:
“Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.” ( Reference: https://www.boeing.com/company/ (Links to an external site.))
Why is the US planning to provide economic support to Boeing, so it can rebuild the company? Provide your rationale (+2pts for each reason you provide up to 3 = total of 6 pts possible).
6. The international pharmaceutical supply chain disruption due to COVID-19 has publicly identified that many of the US pharmaceutical products have been outsourced to China for either the complete manufacture of those drugs or for the manufacture of critical ingredients needed to develop medical drugs. This is a fact that the general public was mostly unaware of. In your judgment should the manufacturing brought back into the US so we are not dependent on any other country for our nation’s pharmaceuticals, many of which individuals require to maintain their health and even their lives. Provide a discussion of the issues including pros and cons. (5 pts. for good discussion)